Sunday, January 03, 2010

Sunday 3rd January 2010…a quiet day!!

Boy did it ever rain last night and most of the night and then this morning cloudy again.

I felt pretty good so went and did my 20 laps before breakfast and then the sun came out so I sat outside for a couple of hours until it clouded over again.

Then decided to go on a scooter tour and these are some of the sights along the way.

Jan3 001

The old road about 8 km out of town.

Jan3 003

I have seen this church a few times from the highway and found the small dirt road that leads to the little village.

Jan3 005

This village is the place where most of the local bricks are made.

Jan3 009

I would have taken more photos but at this time I was being chased by two very large dogs!!

One of the small dams…

Jan3 010

Jan3 012

In the middle of no where!!!

Jan3 013

It started to cloud over again so I came back in to town, had a visit with Norma and Croft and then went down town.

Passed these clowns who jumped on the back of the truck.

Jan3 014

When ever I come to the Jardin I am always amazed at the beauty and skill of construction of the main church.

Jan3 036

Jan3 017

This young lady had just got married, not sure where the husband is!!!!!

Jan3 030

The musical serenade!!

Jan3 034

I sat down in the busy square and people watched.

Jan3 018

A good day for the vendors.

Jan3 026

Jan3 027

Jan3 028

Jan3 029

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Always some form of entertainment!!

Jan3 022

Jan3 020

Jan3 037

A very interesting afternoon.

Now at home after a bath and supper and getting ready to watch a movie.

Sara you are going to have to re-train me in the duties of your man servant as I have forgotten most already and since you left I have completed 5 novels!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...