Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday 17th January 2010…..first 19 lap run!!

Decided to get my running in early this morning, well 10.30am not really early…. I was able to manage 19 running laps so I  was happy with that.

The rest of the morning and early afternoon was spent doing some studying and reading and sunbathing.

When I was at Casa Hogar yesterday in my limited Spanish I asked the Madre if I could pick up the girls today at 4pm and take them to town where the Blessings of the Animals service was taking place.

When I arrived this afternoon Daniela was there but I think Paola was still at church.  I asked if Daniela's sister, Lupita was here but she was away too…so I wanted to take Daniela with someone so Daniela choose another young girl, also called Lupita.

We walked for a while then got a taxi to the square where it was impossible to walk past this ice cream stand.

jan17 001

jan17 002

This is the church where the blessing was to take place.

jan17 004

I cannot take credit for these next few photos, Daniela was the photographer!!

jan17 005

jan17 007

jan17 018

jan17 017

jan17 010

We saw all kinds of animals lots of dogs, birds, sheep and even this guy!!

jan17 015

jan17 014

Soon the doors to the church opened and out came the Priest.  He gave a short blessing then threw holy water over the animals!!

jan17 021

jan17 025

jan17 027

The girls had fun and we stayed in the square for a while then took a taxi back to Casar Hogar.

Sara want to tell you that Daniela asked after you again today!!!

I came home had supper and watched a live hockey game from New York.

I have to get to bed early tonight as I start my driving job tomorrow.  I have volunteered to drive some of the girls to school and I have to be at Casa Hogar at 7.30am!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Wandering Willy said...

Les,I didn't receive any e-mail.maybe recheck the address.
Re getting in a run,I finally got my 45 minute slow jog on this beautiful beach yesterday morning at 7, just as the sun was rising.It was already in the 70's. Any later and it would be too hot.
Heading toward Oaxaca today,then north.SMA could be in the picture if the campgrounds are not too full,as I will pass that way heading for Texas.Great photos.Those kids are so precious.

mexicokid said...

I will try the e mail again lots of room at La Siesta...nice here now, take care be safe, Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...