Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wednesday 30th December 2009…the battle is on!!!!

I did not mention it in the blog yesterday but after spending nearly one hour at the train tracks within 15 minutes of me coming home….you guessed it… a train came by.

So this afternoon a little later on I went to the tracks again and sawdec30 003and

dec30 004  and

dec30 007

No TRAIN!!.

So I came home and within like one minute of me setting foot inside the door I hear the train whistles…not enough time to get back and take a photo….so let the battle commence I SHALL get a train photo maybe not this year but soon!!!

Croft came over this morning and looked at my solar panel wiring I  am having a little problem which I cannot explain because I don’t understand but he helped and gave me some tips, thanks Croft.

Then did some errands down town and saw how busy the main plaza was..

dec30 002

I have booked my Spanish lessons starting on Monday and now the moral dilemma…..There is a bull fight taking place in the main bull ring tomorrow at 4pm.  I have never seen one and swore I never would but I am interested in seeing the pageantry and the whole process but don’t think I could handle the killing, so do I go?  I was tempted to buy a ticket this morning but refrained.  I guess I will have to think on it some more or go and come away before the attack commences.

This cat is perched on this ledge about 25 feet high peering into the computer room, he stays here for hours!!!

dec30 009

Sara is now in Kyuquot and here are some photos of my visit there this summer…an incredible and beautiful part of Vancouver Island…glad you arrived safely Sara!!

day2 002

The view from the float plane..

back 015

back 021

This is taken from the kitchen of the residence/clinic.

DSay 1 085

office 001

Night kayaking

day2 030

day3 020

Whales and beautiful deserted beaches.

Disaster 011

Disaster 034

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seals 066

Won’t forget these guys.

Nor this.

Seals 078

Some of the local children!!

office day 006

Sara at work!!

SARA 004

Wish you all a great evening….

3 comments:

Wandering Willy said...

I always enjoyed watching the northbound freight train every morning at Celestino.Just to count how many people were riding to the border.They would sit under cover on the hopper cars.Never anyone on the southbounds.
I would count how many wayward Canadian boxcars there were.Sometimes quite a few.
I also have the same feelings as you about the bullfighting experience.

mexicokid said...

Thanks Willy I think I might go this once just for the total experience...could you answer my question I just wrote on your blog, would love to see the area you are in now when ki leave here in february, cheers Les and again happy new Year travel safe..Les

Karyn-Lee said...

When i was in Greece back in 1995, we almost took in the bullfight too, but I had the same misgivings about seeing the bull die in such a horrible way so we opted not to. I am glad we didn't, something about that would have haunted me forever.
IMHO I think you have to just by-pass some of the cultural activities just for the sake of your own upbringing and morality. We did the same by-passing with the cock-fighting as well.
I don't think we missed anything cultural in Greece by not being there.
Thanks for sharing, hope you beat that train!!!!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...