Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wednesday 23rd December 2009…just when you think you have seen it all!!!!!!

Sorry to start this way but it is another sunny and lovely day and I have made plans to pick up Paola and Daniela at 11 am for an outing.

When I arrived at Casa Hogar most of the girls from the home were at the school across the street, they had been invited to a candy throwing party.

day45 001

All the kids came back with their pockets filled with candy.

The three of us started walking towards the main square and the topic of conversation was that the girls wanted me to get them soda and I wanted to get them jugo(juice).  So we were having fun them singing soda and me singing jugo!!

Must tell you that around the square there are a few very old Indian ladies begging and every time we passed one of these ladies the girls wanted me to give them money, but I declined!!

At the main square we walked down to a bakery where I let them choose a treat to eat and of course they got their way and the picked each a soda!!

day45 011

We walked to the Jardin and sat and ate our treats and they had a sip of their drinks and then it happened….one of these older ladies came up to me with a plastic cup asking for money and I again declined.  Paola made it obvious to me that she wanted to do something for the lady and asked if she could give her soda to the lady.  I said yes and she ran after the lady and did give her the soda,  the soda she had been wanting so badly all morning.

A few minutes later another lady approached me and this time Daniela gave her the drink right away.  I was blown away at the compassion and joy these two little girls were sharing with this old lady!!!!..What a true meaning of the Christmas Spirit, I shall never forget this gesture they made!!!

Afterwards we sat and I had brought some small balloons and a hand pump, thank you Heather, and we blew up balloons and the girls made or tried to make animals.

day45 014

day45 020

One of the Mother’s of a girl at the gingerbread making party saw us and came over she had her dog with her and Daniela wanted to put a balloon around his neck and he didn’t mind!!

day45 022

day45 024

day45 027

There was a vender in the square and the girls each got 20 pesos for a treat.  Paola came back with a ball attached to a string…day45 032

and Daniela came back with the largest blow up pencil I have ever seen!!

day45 031

Don’t they look cute???

day45 030

Back in my soccer playing days I must boast and say I was well known for scoring goals with my head, sometimes into my own goal I must admit, but I think I still have the touch….

day45 033

We took a taxi back to Casa Hogar and we all sat in the back and Paola was next to me, she leaned against my shoulder , put her arm through mine and went to sleep.  These are memories that stay!!!!

They always ask after Sara with a smile on their faces……

On the way home I stopped at the little store where last week I think I ordered a cover for the scooter.

On arrival the owner came out with the finished product…it is fantastic, waterproof and I wasn’t sure if it would fit but not only did it fit perfectly but he had made openings for the mirrors to fit through, a great job and the huge cost of 25 dollars plus a generous tip.

day45 034

day45 035

So I had a great day I hope you did too….

Sara’s son arrived at her home today from Calgary and they are planning to go to Vancouver tomorrow to be with family for the holidays…Gabriel I hope to meet you in the New Year have a great time with your very special Mum!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...