Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thursday 31st December 2009…another year gone by!!

Don’t worry it is the last time this year I  am going to say I woke up to a lovely sunny day……BUT I DID!!!

Went to do my laps and ended the New Year in style ran 17 laps and walked 3…felt good.

I then went to say Happy New Year to the girls and Paola is still away at her Grandmother’s casa but Daniela

Dec31 001 

and her sister Lupita had just come back from church, don’t they look lovely??

Dec31 003

I did decide to go to the Bull fight and I wish my memories of the bull ring were these taken three weeks ago!!!!

day17 007

day17 008

Instead I will post my last March’s post of when I went  to the bull ring…

“One place that I have been unable to find was the bull ring I knew it was very close to the town centre so today for your tour we go in search of the elusive bull ring.  With good directions we get close and ask again and we are told it is behind the big red doors next door but “Senior es cerrado”  Closed…..but the Pearson tour promises sights unseen…push on one of the doors and it opens slightly and in we go and what do we see.

I can hear you saying Ok pretty nice but……..the Pearson tour does never disappoint……this magnificent sporting venue is clean, brilliant and beautiful but wait…..who is in the bull ring???

I stayed and watched these three young men for about 20 minutes I was in awe, here these Matadors of the future were training to the roaring and exciting throngs of one lucky Me.   This was one of those times that you just had to be there.

 

 

 

 image

image

image

 

Needless to say I did not last long at the bull ring and will not post any of the photos I took……and I shall never again attend one of these events!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MOON-608

 

 

Once in a New Year's Eve Blue Moon

As you ring in the New Year, take your glass of champagne and toast the blue moon in the sky above. It's a once in a generation thing, a rare astronomical happening that reminds us that while life is highly unpredictable, the heavens are not.

 

Tonight's New Year's Eve blue moon is the first since 1990. Another won't roll around for another 19 years. So the time to celebrate is now.   The blue moon is expected to be visible to New Year's Eve celebrants across the US. Canada, Europe, South America and Africa, according to the AP's Alicia Chang. And in New York City, the full moon will be competing with the glittery ball dropping in Times Square .

Of course, the name has nothing to do with its color (although a moon can sometimes appear bluish from the smoke of a forest fire or the ash of a volcano). The old expression, "once in a blue moon," has more to do with something that is rare, special, uncommon, even absurd--but not impossible.

The most popular current definition of a blue moon is the second full moon in a calendar month. A full moon occurred on December 2 and tonight's will be the second, a phenomenon that occurs every 2.5 years (the next will be in August, 2012). But the New Year's Eve blue moon is more exceptional. The next won't occur until 2028.

This evening I attended a gathering at the RV park where Norma and Croft are staying…..the other campers had decided to celebrate and bring in Nova Scotia New Year which is at 10pm our local time, which I thought was a great idea.  It was nice to end the year this way. Thank you for inviting me.

dec32 004

Norma and Croft before the dancing began!!!

I came back to the house and brought the new year in talking to my Sweetie in Kyuquot!!!

prince 022

Again want to thank everyone for taking the time to read my journal and I want to wish you all love, peace and health for 2010!!!

2 comments:

Wandering Willy said...

Les,To answer your question,if you ever want to visit this spot,you can make it easily in a day travelling on the arco norte.I started my day just 100 quota miles south east of you and made it by noon.
I've been the only one in the campground since the 2nd day.
Yesterday I spent 4 hours in el centro of Puebla.Its a beautiful Spanish influenced city,and the 45 minute bus ride from Cholula was something else.More blog fodder.

mexicokid said...

Thanks Willy it sounds and looks like a place i would enjoy, cheers Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...