Thursday, November 05, 2009

Wednesday 4th November 2009…Prince Pearson

I need to take you back in time to my second date with Sara when after dinner she challenged me to a game of Back Gammon, which I accepted.

I was well and truly beaten the first two games but came back to win the second two games which left us with a deciding game.  I thought it might be interesting to put a small wager on the out come and we decided that the loser of the game would treat the winner to tea or coffee at a locale of their choice.

Modesty ALMOST forbids me from telling you that I did manage a victory in the last game and when Sara asked me where I wanted to go for tea my immediate response was the Tea Room at the Empress hotel in Victoria.

For those of you not familiar this Tea Room is the most exclusive in the Western hemisphere and high tea costs over 55 dollars each!!!

Give Sara credit she didn’t flinch at this and yesterday was the day when the high tea was booked.

We were dressed in are fancy duds and off we went to Victoria.  in the parking lot of the Empress hotel was my first big surprise Sara gave me and envelope with a lovely card inside and also a voucher for an overnight stay at the hotel complete with breakfast.

This was a remarkable surprise and so kind of her and I felt like royalty.  We were then told we were being upgraded because it was our anniversary(Sara said this told her by the front desk when she booked) to the Junior Suite.

We went up to the room and it was on the 5th floor and very lovely.

The view from the front window was incredibleprince 003

prince 008

The Tea Room menu…

 

prince 010

prince 011

The plate is full…prince 014

and now….

prince 017

It was a very lovely and memorable time, thanks Sara!!

prince 021

The Prince…

In the evening we walked around the harbour and these are the Parliament buildings.

prince 029

prince 025

prince 049 Dressed up for free dessert in the Bengal Room at the Empress.prince 055

prince 048 I think she is lovely!!!!!!!!!

This morning at breakfast…

prince 057

Sara really gave me the royal treatment and surprised with me gifts of chocolate and then this morning as I was getting ready to go down for breakfast she told me she had got some clothes for me to wear.  I was thinking she had brought some of my clothes from the house but no….in the closet were two beautiful tops for to wear…how special is this lady?????

It was certainly a time I shall not forget and Sara thank you so much.

I am back in Nanaimo now and will spend the next two days getting the final plans done and I have some soccer games to referee.  Then on Saturday I drive back down to Duncan with Ramona get Sara packed up and Sunday we leave….

2 comments:

Croft said...

Mr. Pearson, you are one lucky man! See you in SMA.

mexicokid said...

Thanks Croft and trust me I do know it!!!!Have a safe journey!!!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...