Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday 30th November 2009…oh what a day!!!

At 1pm today Sara and I had an appointment at Casa Hogar where Paola and Daniela live with Robin who is the coordinator and lady extraordinaire….

day20 005

Robin gave Sara and I a tour of the home and it truly is a place of love and all 43 girls that live here seem so happy and free.

As you know I sponsor Paola and Daniela and over the summer with help from some generous and loving friends who gave freely and also gave money as pledges when I did the Great Lake walk, this morning I was able to hand over to the Madre a cheque for 4000 US dollars.

day20 032

I really want to thank everyone who has me with this and I want you all to know that the gifts were an act of love and the money will be used for a vital part of the home.  To do a make over of the kitchen, upgrade the equipment and this is not only a place where all the meals are made but it is also a place where the girls will use their skills.  So thank you all!!!!

Another big thanks to a special friend Mary who made the girls a wonderful cookie Angel with their names on Paola and Daniela loved them…

day20 002

Also another special friend Heather who bought the tops the girls are wearing, notice how the cookies match the tops, thanks Heather!!

day20 001

This is the senior girls dormitory..day20 009

This is Daniela’s sister Lupita who also lives at the home..day20 025

We had asked the Madre if we could take the girls out for the afternoon and we granted permission so we brought them over to the Mega store to buy groceries and then RV park where we had hotdogs and drinks.

day20 034

day20 035

Then it was off to the park.  The girls were very well behaved and took to Sara like they had known her for years always holding our hands and always saying thank you.

day20 039

day20 045

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

day20 047 Paola has no fear!!!

day20 056 and this one is just a cutie pie!!

Sara took these next two photos which I really like…day20 054

day20 053

Pretty soon it was time to come back to Ramona get the girls cleaned up some last minute drinks and chips.  This is the wrapper of the chips packet, interesting!!!day20 079

One final pose for Danieladay20 082

before I walked them over to the school where they are taking English classes at 6pm.

What a delightful time we all had they are just the best girls ever!!!

When we got back I had to do laundryday20 083 well pick it up from the truck that had taken it this morning!!!  Life is hard~!!!

At this juncture I feel I must stress that I am in my humble opinion a reasonably good scrabble player BUT…..scrabble 001

SHE DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!

I think I shall study the dictionary tonight….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...