Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday 30th October 2009…..another month gone..

It is about 8pm and it is raining so hard just nasty outside.

Had another really busy day doing last minute things and visiting. This morning Eileen and I went to visit Roy.  Regular readers will know all about my association with Roy.

I have known him for over 12 years and he has been like a Father figure to me.  When Eileen and Roy were together and Roy started to suffer from the early stages of Alzheimer's, Roy and I would go out on outings each day and for over 4 years we spent countless hours together.

When Roy got to the stage where his illness was quite progressed he went into Dover House,  a very loving care facility here in Nanaimo,  where he has been for 3 years.

Roy now does not know us but he still retains that great smile that he always has possessed.  He also now has some cancer in his body and he is gradually getting frailer BUT it was great to have a visit with him today.

This will be my last time seeing Roy before I leave and it was just a joy to see him looking well and to see his smile and hear his usual funny comments.  I know it is hard for Eileen to see him but she was also glad she came especially as she is leaving at the end of November to move closer to her family in Williams Lake.

leaving photos 001

Blessings to you ROY!!!!!

Ramona is resting peacefully before her long journey south next week.

leaving photos 006

Sara is now back at her house in Duncan

Map picture

and I am going down there tomorrow and we are going to a dinner theatre performance of the Woman in Black.

office day 007

Wish you all a safe and happy Halloween day and evening….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...