Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday 23rd August 2009……..THE WALK!!!!

WELCOME TO THE GREAT LAKE WALK

The Great Lake Walk and Ultra marathon is a 56 km walk or run around beautiful Cowichan Lake on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. This walking/running event takes place on the third Saturday in September each year. This year's walk is September 19th, 2009.

party 002

My goal is to take part and complete this walk and I shall be raising money for Casa Hogar, Santa Julia, where my girls live in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.

It is a sponsored walk where you pledge so much per kilometre or just a pledge to complete the walk.

My local friends know where to find me and if any of my readers wish to help that would be wonderful, leave a comment in the section below and I will get back to you and thank you, now I need to get my walking shoes on.  I am hoping to complete the walk in ten hours, wish me luck!!!!

4 comments:

Croft said...

We are waiting to hear how you did and how much it has cost me! Good luck!

Croft said...

Les! Get out of bed and start posting! How stiff and sore are you?

mexicokid said...

The trouble with people your age Croft is that their sight begins to go!!!!!!!! read the blog the wlk is 19th September!!!!!!! That should cost you at least an extra 5 dollars donation!!!!!!!! Should be up your way saturday, cheers Les

Croft said...

The trouble with being retired (and old) is that I hardly ever even know what month it is!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...