Monday, August 03, 2009

Monday 3rd August 2009…..this, that and the other

First of all I want to say a big happy Birthday to my great nephew in England…..Happy Birthday Tom!!!!  I have tried and tried to get photo of you here but cannot seem to get it published from the blog, sorry…..Hope you have a great day.  Today is also my cousins

Shelia’s husbands birthday, So Peter a very happy birthday to you also.

Today is also BC day a public holiday in Canada so we British Columbians get a day off…of course for us retired folks every day is a holiday.

I started my training today for

THE GREAT LAKE WALK

The Great Lake Walk and Ultra marathon is a 56 km walk or run around beautiful Cowichan Lake on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. This walking/running event takes place on the third Saturday in September each year. This year's walk is September 19th, 2009

I walked 20 km today and it took me exactly 3 hours and I felt good.

It is a sponsored walk for the charity of your choice and I am taking pledges for the home where my girls live, any donations will be gratefully received.

party 004

Map picture

 

Pura Vida!!!

2 comments:

Croft said...

Seeing a photo of you sweating after that walk is worth $.50 per km = $28 to me Les! Send me your address for the cheque.

Croft

mexicokid said...

Sweating I may not even be crawling!!!!! Thanks for the support Croft..cheers Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...