Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday 30th May 2009…another great few days

This deer was by Ramona to see me off on Thursday morning for my three day trip to Campbell River.IMG_6896

I did four games which all went well then I drove to my friends Norma and Croft, where I was invited to stay for the two nights.  You see this “RV Park” is a nice one.IMG_6901

I haven’t seen them since last year in Mexico so it was nice to sit and swap stories and thanks for a great meal.  They live across from the ocean and the BIG Rock is right across from their home.IMG_6902

Apparently this rock was deposited in the Ice age thaw although the local Aboriginal story for the rock is that there are no Grizzly bears on Vancouver Island but many years ago one did manage to swim across the straight from the mainland and when he came ashore he was turned into the BIG rock!!!

Many cruise ships travelling to and from Alaska come very close inside the passage between Campbell River and Quadra Island.  Here is a pocket cruise ship.IMG_6908

Another interesting land mark.IMG_6915

 

 

 

 

 

 

The weather was very warm and sunny on Friday and I reffed four more games which again went well.

Saturday were the final games and I really enjoyed the tournament.  The standard of play was very good and it was a treat to see friends and park in their drive way, thank you Norma and Croft.

I am now back home and plan a couple of days of R & R and enjoy the sunshine……wish you a great Sunday…

1 comment:

Croft said...

It was nice to have you Les. The RV park is always open with free WIFI and the price will never go up!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...