Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wednesday 15th April…..SNOW!!!!!!

Left Torrey this morning about 9am it was sunny and bright but a bit cool.  The plan was to drive to just outside Salt Lake City and spend the night in a Wal-Mart then go into the city tomorrow.

The drive started out alrightIMG_6517

but then turned to this..IMG_6518

and then this..IMG_6520

and when I reached the Wal-Mart this is the end result.IMG_6522

IMG_6530

IMG_6528

Looks beautiful and it stopped snowing in the afternoon and was quite nice.

I did some shopping at Wal-Mart and rented the new James Bond movie to watch tonight.IMG_6523

Nearly all of the Wal-Mart's and most McDonalds Restaurants have these Redbox movie vending machines.  As you can see the price is one dollar and you get the movie for 24 hours and the beauty about the system for me is that the movie can be returned to any location of Redbox vending machines.  So I could in  reality rent it here in Salt Lake City and return it tomorrow in Boise, Idaho or where ever, great deal.

So after shopping I came to the library where I am posting this from and from here I am going to the local swimming pool to soak in the hot tub and have a long shower.  Then going back to Wal-Mart where I can park over night, watch the movie and relax.

In the morning I am driving into the city where I have a reservation at a RV park that is only two miles from down town.  So I will get there in the morning and do laundry then in the afternoon walk into the city and see the sights.  I intend to go to the Mormon Family History Research centre and try to do some more work on my family tree.  I am as far back as six generations but hit a road block around the 1790’s.

In the evening at 8pm I am going to the choir practise of the Mormon Tabernacle choir, this is another item on my Bucket List.  I will then walk back to the Rv park and stay the night and Friday morning start the 950 mile journey back home.

Have a great evening everyone….

Map picture

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's about time you got a taste of REALITY....glad you're getting back in time to enjoy a bit of what we've been putting up with this year--you shouldn't be able to enjoy the beautiful West Coast flavour without tastig a bit of the down side...LOL...

Welcome back to REALITY, Les...Hope you bring the sun back with you!!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...