Thursday, April 09, 2009

Monday 6th April..another hiking day

Left Bullhead City this morning and another fine and sunny day.  Filled up everything on Ramona and also gas and groceries….can you believe the gas price?IMG_5704 I was heading for the IMG_5707

about 80 miles away.

The first stop was the Visitors Service office.  I find these places to be a wealth of information and this one was no different.  The lady told me about a great hike and a place to stay by the lake for free.

First the hike, it was a round trip 8 mile hike through 5 tunnels to the Hoover Dam.IMG_5711 The path was the site of the old railway that used to shunt the rocks from the Hoover Dam to a rock pile out of the area.  This was a very scenic walk.IMG_5713

IMG_5722

The first of the 5 tunnelsIMG_5718

Desert colours..IMG_5731

A great view!!

IMG_5723

IMG_5741

The trail ends at the Hoover DamIMG_5734 but as I was here last year I did not go down to the dam.  Interesting to see the new bridge under construction.IMG_5732

It was a good long walk and I enjoyed the exercise and the views.

About another 20 minute drive and I found the turn off that the lady told me about and sure enough here is Ramona safely parked close to Lake Mead.IMG_5746

IMG_5747

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_5748

My usual sunset spot.IMG_5751

IMG_5752

The moon on the other side.IMG_5756

The view from both windows inside Ramona whilst having supper.IMG_5762 It is so nice to be able to have a hot shower, have supper and relax in such great comfort.

IMG_5763

Enjoyed the road today  and tomorrow I go about 40 miles to the Valley of Fire State park where I hope I can find a camp site and stay for two days.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...