Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday 17th March…and top of the mornin’ to ya…..

Best wishes to Vicky and Lorne my only Irish friends!!!!!  In your honour I am in my only green shirt and instead of kissing the Blarney Stone I am kissing the tree (no I do not know why).IMG_4977

Went to the market and bought 12 beautiful fresh assorted roses for less than 5 dollars.IMG_4981

Then took the local bus up to another market.  Often on the buses vendors will get on and try to sell their products, sometimes musicians, this morning is was clowns.IMG_4982

IMG_4983

I spent the afternoon getting Ramona all tidy and things put away then I went to my school to say my good byes.

First it was Patti and her class I spent many enjoyable hours with these great kids, they speak very good English and today I told them about St. Patrick’s day and showed them on my computer photos of my last two months journey.  I have given them my e mail address so I hope to hear from some of them once in a while.IMG_4984

IMG_4985

Then it was next door to Lilly’s class and my Paola and Daniela.  Again they all rushed to greet me and Paola and Daniela looked beautiful and were dressed like twins.IMG_4990

IMG_4987

Lilly let me show the photos on the computer to the girls.IMG_4986

IMG_4989

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Now the HARD PART..I had to say goodbye to my girls.  I asked Lilly to tell them that I was going back to Canada but would return next winter, that I loved them and I would write every week.  Also for them to be good and kind.

As a final gift I bought each of them a Mexican soccer shirt and of course they wanted to wear it right away.IMG_4991Are they not the sweetest girls, look at those eyes, those smiles.  There was lots of hugs and kisses and I said goodbye………..I shall miss these girls so much and it is still hard for me to comprehend that I came to SMA very happy, content and loving my lifestyle and I am leaving with two girls that as long as they need and want me in their lives I shall be.

I stayed behind as I wanted one more Spanish lesson, so Lilly gave me things to learn and practice during the summer.

I was meeting Linda and Guy for supper and can you believe it thundered and lightening and it started to rain!!IMG_4993

We had a great meal and said our sad farewells, I am so blessed to have so many special friends in my life.

So this is it for me for SMA this trip I leave in the morning and head back to Barra de Navidad for one last meeting with Barb and Frank and some other friends I haven’t seen for 5 years.  We are planning to have the Mother of all parties all day Friday before I leave the next day for my journey north to Phoenix.

There will be no blog for a couple of days as I shall be on the road but I will post when I can.

Wish you all a great few days blessings Les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...