Saturday, March 07, 2009

Saturday 7th March…can you stand it? Another beach day!!

Packed up for a small adventure to the Isle de Ixtapa, a small island down the coast a few miles.

The first ride on the local bus to town.

IMG_4516

Then the bus out to the pier.IMG_4517

Then the panga to the island.IMG_4526

The island..

IMG_4525

IMG_4527

IMG_4530

The island is very small with three beaches of which two are very commercial lots of restaurants with chairs and tables on the beach, the other beach is called Coral Beach and that is where I headed.IMG_4533

Beautiful gold sand..IMG_4539 IMG_4535

This is where I parked myself for the afternoon.IMG_4554

This beach is well known for its coral reef and wonderful snorkelling, so off I went but I was VERY surprised I was the only one in the water and I didn’t see any fish just these funny looking things!!!!IMG_4520

IMG_4521

IMG_4522

IMG_4567

IMG_4568

IMG_4569

I couldn’t figure this out, the sign says snorkelers welcomeIMG_4566 perhaps my Spanish needs a little brushing up on.

Anyway after I got past the crocs I found fishIMG_4551

I wish I had an underwater camera because the reef was great and the fish just awesome.  I saw so many small, large, medium, fish that would almost come up and touch me and all the colours of the rainbow.  I went back about 6 times it was a great afternoon!!IMG_4560

On the way back I think this is the Club Med.

Arrived home at 6.30pm spent 5 dollars on bus and ferry ride and well worth every penny.

Not a great shot but I liked it anyway.IMG_4572

Pura Vida….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...