Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday 28th March…….now in Moab

I figure because this is my blog I can write anything I want so I would like to put in a plug for a couple that live in Canada and have put together 4 amazing travel e books.  I mentioned them a couple of days ago and have had some requests for the web site.  The e books are all about Arizona, Utah, New Mexico and Texas.  These books describe in details places to camp, hikes, routes everything you need to know even if you are not travelling by RV they would be a great asset and the price is so low.  I used them for the last 6 days and can attest to the quality of information.   The web site is www.frugal-rv-travel.com   check it out!!

I left Bluff this morning around 9am and stopped first at the local post office, remember I told you this is small town America.

I had bought two T shirts in Arizona for Paola and Daniela and I wanted to post them to the girls care of Robin in SMA.

So I went into the post office and the charming young lady behind the counter was a delight, this is how it went, you really had to be there.

I said I would like to post these two shirts to Mexico what is the best way and what shall I put them in.  The first thing the lady did was take off her sweater and place it on the way scale.  I just said yes it is hot in here.  She said no I am weighing my sweater to see about how much it would cost you and the best way.  By now there were 2 other women behind me waiting.  I could tell this lady behind the counter had a sense of humour and I told her in Canada the post office workers don’t take their clothes off for customers.  That got a chuckle from everyone.  So I got the T shirts in a small envelope and handed it to the lady for weight and she told me $8.02 cents.  I gave her 8 dollars and was looking for the two cents when one of the ladies behind me came up and said I have 2 cents you can have.  I said thank you only in America can you go into a place of Government business, get great service including the removing of clothing and strangers give you money.  I want to live here!!  Everyone laughed and I gave away another 2 Canadian key chains and left which a good smile in my heart!!

Back on the road these are some of the vistas on the way to Moab and it goes without saying that NONE of these were taken whilst I was driving…….IMG_5585

IMG_5586

IMG_5590

As you can tell the day was sunny and quite warm and as long as that snow stay on those hills I shall be a happy camper!!

IMG_5594

IMG_5598

IMG_5600

IMG_5601

 

 

 

 

 

 

I stopped at a car wash and spent 45 minutes giving Ramona a spa treatment and think you will agree she looks good!

Soon time for lunch and another boring place to stop and have that sandwich and good old cup of tea.IMG_5602 Is it just me or do you see a ram’s head in the rock above?

IMG_5604

This was around the corner from where I was having lunch and afterwards I walked over but it was a tourist trap so soon turned back around and went climbing.IMG_5613

IMG_5611

I climbed to the top of this rock

IMG_5614Actually that is not strictly true..in fact it is not true at all…..I don’t even know why I wrote it…..my blog remember!!!

Soon I was in Moab my base for the next little while doing some exploring and having fun.IMG_5618not a bad park, see how clean Ramona is…

Amazing place they have soccer shirt trees!!!!!!IMG_5619

Have a great weekend…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...