Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday 16th March….walking day

Robin sent me this photo this morning of Daniela

danieleis she not the most perfect and beautiful girl you have seen?

My calf muscle is still sore so I haven’t run for a few days so I decided today a walk would be good.

I still cannot believe I can get Ramona in and out of this narrow gate.IMG_4882

In the park very often and even during the night and early mornings you can hear the church bells, sometimes one or two chimes sometimes over 30 they come from this churchIMG_4883 San Antonio which is just 75 yards from the gate above.

I first stopped at the school where I took my classes and the girls take their classes as I wanted to see if I could get one more lesson with my Teacher Lilly before I left.  Here I am with the owner of the school, Josephina, a more wonderful woman you could not meet.  She calls me Senior Les!!  Josephina is the one who translates my letters to Paola and Daniela.  So tomorrow is fixed, my last full day in SMA, I will come to the school at 3.30pm and visit with both classes that I was with before Christmas.  Say good bye to my girls, don’t know yet how I am going to do that!!!!!!!  then stay behind have have my class with Lilly.

IMG_4884

I then went into town to do some last minute shopping. Here I am buying bags for all my girl friends!!!

IMG_4886

Bought a small dried flower arrangement for a gift for Ramona.IMG_4888

Then came home and spent a couple of hours sun bathing, reading and sleeping.

4.00pm back into town for my TREAT…I had bought myself another gift certificate for a two hour massage.

Now I don’t know if this is good news for some and bad news for others or good news for everyone or bad news for everyone….The young lady, Laura, who was my masseuse, I asked her if she would take some photos of me during the massage and she smiled and said she would and during the massage when I was covered by a skimpy towel and my body covered in hot rocks I heard her on the camera but I could tell it was not clicking properly and the shots would not turn out, except this one.

IMG_4889

So those faithful readers who like to see “more” of me I am so sorry!!!!

It was a wonderful massage and I felt very relaxed afterwards.  Being in the service industry all the years that I was I know how great a feeling it is when unexpectedly you receive a huge tip, well Laura had a great smile on her face!!!

I then did a walk on the high side of town up to the look out point where I wanted to see the sunset.IMG_4890 IMG_4892

IMG_4893

These artists

IMG_4897were painting this sceneIMG_4901

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_4907

A typical street sign.

IMG_4910

The look out and sunset….IMG_4919

IMG_4922

IMG_4926 and before ANYBODY starts on about my hair remember I had just come from a massage that included a scalp massage!!!!!IMG_4931

I am amazed at how friendly the people are this couple were taking photos and I asked them if they wanted me to take a picture of them for them and they said sure then I asked them to take a picture of me and they thought I wanted them in as well so they posed how sweet.

Same with these guysIMG_4954

They were really funny 5 guys and one girl and then they insisted  they take the following photo….and I am going to say NO!!IMG_4956

The final sunset for me this year in SMA, enjoy.IMG_4937

IMG_4938

IMG_4939

IMG_4952

Then walked back to the park.

IMG_4968IMG_4969

Saw happy lovers

IMG_4960and not so happy.IMG_4970

 

 

 

 

 

 

It doesn’t happen very often but even I thought I looked too stupid in this one!!!!IMG_4967

This little guy was trying to get his bike up the stairs so I snatched this photo and carried his bike up for him and you just know he said thank you!!!!IMG_4971

Then this group of musiciansIMG_4972

were getting ready to serenade through the streets.

As I leave SMA on Wednesday this was my last full day of walking and enjoying the sights as I have a pretty full schedule tomorrow.

I have always said that I would never live in a foreign country but I know I could very easily live in this town.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...