Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday 13th March and it is not unlucky in fact it is your lucky day because…

You get to go on the FREE Pearson personal walking guide of SMA.

Remember those beautiful blue trees I spoke of yesterday I found this on the Internet.

The Jacaranda tree puts on a breathtaking floral display. Its vivid lilac-blue clusters of trumpet shaped blossoms appear in the summer, later falling to the earth carpeting the ground with a mass of colour.
It is said that if you are walking underneath the Jacaranda tree and one of the trumpet blossoms falls on your head you will be favoured by fortune.

These are some I found today.march 13 012 march 13 013

 

 

 

 

 

 

march 13 045

So the tour begins with breakfast…first we go to the local bakerymarch 13 056

Then we spot this handsome young manmarch 13 001 then we buy the Local Newspaper and come home for breakfast.march 13 002

So the tour begins gratuities are expected and appreciated and can be sent to me here in SMA.    ENJOY!!march 13 004

march 13 006

 

 

 

 

 

 

march 13 007

march 13 008

march 13 010 These women are washing clothes.march 13 011

This ranks right up there with one of my all time favourite photos…just look at her regal face, the lines of dignity, serenity and determination, she is lovely!!

march 13 015

march 13 030

march 13 031

march 13 032

march 13 041 march 13 044 march 13 040

 

 

 

 

 

 

march 13 039

If you want to save your parking spot just put a “small” pot in the road.

march 13 046

Ladies ear rings??

march 13 050

march 13 053

march 13 055

march 13 058

What a magnificent view to end the tour perhaps one of the finest Churches in all of Mexico……….

but wait…there is more.

One place that I have been unable to find was the bull ring I knew it was very close to the town centre so today for your tour we go in search of the elusive bull ring.  With good directions we get close and ask again and we are told it is behind the big red doors next but “Senior es cerrado”  Closed…..but the Pearson tour promises sights unseen…push on one of the doors and it opens slightly and in we go and what do we see?march 13 020

march 13 021 march 13 026

I can hear you saying Ok pretty nice but……..the Pearson tour does never disappoint……this magnificent sporting venue is clean, brilliant and beautiful but wait…..who is in the bull ring???

 

march 13 022

march 13 023

march 13 024

march 13 029

I stayed and watched these three young men for about 20 minutes I was in awe, here these Matadors of the future were training to the roaring and exciting throngs of one lucky Me.   This was one of those times that you just had to be there.

Hope you enjoyed this tour as much as I did I only hoped you could have been with me walking around and seeing the sights, smelling the smells and getting the feel of how life is in Mexico.

 

My outside door of Ramona and my treasures…march 13 078

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...