Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday 10th February…..clean bill of health for Ramona.

The owners of the RV park had organized a morning of boating and fishing, about 20 people signed up for it and we went to this beautiful bay about 20 minutes away.

IMG_3944 The restaurant at the beach had an open floor plan!!

The beach is one of the nicest on this coast.IMG_3945 IMG_3946

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_3947

The arrangement was the boat could take 7 persons at a time so I was in the second shift so whilst waiting I was offered to go for a kayak ride and of course I accepted.IMG_3956IMG_3957

 

 

 

 

 

Then went out on the boat I didn’t catch a fishIMG_3966 but one of the guys did.IMG_3962

IMG_3965

It is a Dorado and it was put back in the ocean.  It was a great morning and we all enjoyed the time there.

Back at the park it was time to work on Ramona.  Through the park owner’s friend I had a list of instructions how to re-set the fridge.

Frank tried firstIMG_3969

then friendly neighbour Jack helped.IMG_3970

They followed the process to the letter but could not get it started, they tried at least 9 times.  We all sat down and I was feeling a little sad that we couldn’t get the fridge to work.  The boys said lets try one more time and wouldn’t you know it, the starter kicked in and there it was re started and now working perfectly.

This was a valuable lesson for me to learn and also to know that I must buy a solar panel this summer.

I want to publicly that Frank for his invaluable help, also all my neighbours and all my friends for all the e mails with words of encouragement.

It was a great feeling to know that Ramona did not let me down it was human error, mine, that caused the initial problem.

Now it was time to relax and Barb, Frank and I played our last game of Mexican train, who won?IMG_3971

Again I want to thank Barb and Frank for their incredible kindness to me and for all the great meals!!!!!!!!!

After supper we watched a beautiful sunset.IMG_3972

IMG_3976

Ramona is all packed and ready for the next stage of the journey.  I plan to leave in the morning and continue south down the coast to Zihuatanejo, where I am booked in for a month of beach R & R.

As if the day wasn’t a good enough one I received an e mail today from Devan.  Devan was my little Brother when I was in the Big brothers in Nanaimo.  We were matched together for 8 years and it was great to get to know him and his family.  We have been out of touch for a while now but he was going through some things in his home and found my e mail address and sent me an e mail.  He is now 19 years of age, graduated and in college in Nanaimo, way to go DEVAN!!!!

So a pretty good day blessings and best wishes to all…Pura Vida.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...