Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday 19th February…and still a beach bum.

Did my morning beach run and then sort of lazed around till 11am when I went down to the beach for my kayak rental.  I wanted to take my camera but was very careful to get it wrapped in 4 plastic bags.

The kayak is an open ocean kayak, like a sit on type so not like my kayak, The Great One, yes that has a name too, at home.

I managed to get past the first wave and was soon on my way, also took my fishing rod.

IMG_4119

It was easy to paddle and I went around the bayIMG_4120

and then tried some fishing.IMG_4121

IMG_4122

 

 

 

 

 

 

I didn’t even get a bite.IMG_4123

Came across this catamaran, looks like fun.IMG_4124

IMG_4126

I really enjoyed the three hours out on the water and this summer on my to do list is to get a rack mounted so I can bring a smaller kayak next winter.

Spent the rest of the afternoon by the pool swimming and reading and being a certified Mexican now, had a siesta!!

Another quiet evening listening to the Canucks again.  The days just seem to fly by and I truly was a beach bum today and loving it.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...