Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday 28th February…already!!!!

Last day of the month this month went by so fast.

This morning I took a walk of about 30 minutes to an old run down former mansion which was owned by a crooked government official (I know that is hard to believe).  This was  a place that someone staying in the villas had told me about.

So I find the house way up in the middle of no where,  high on a hill and there is this local man who has the key to the huge gate but he is asking for a donation to let me in.  I offered him 30 pesos, believe me this was no tourist stop, but he insisted on me paying him 200 pesos.  In best Spanish I told him no way, “Carro, carro” but he insisted so I said good bye and walked back down the hill after taking these few shots from outside the gate.IMG_4339

IMG_4338

IMG_4336

I don’t mind paying and I think I am very generous with the local people but this was just too much.

Went fishing again this afternoon and Paco I got you again, another trophy fish landed by the kid and of course returned to the depths after the photo.IMG_4343

Another cruise ship was in the bay for a few hoursIMG_4342 today.

IMG_4334

So there it is February gone…I have arranged to go deep sea charter fishing on Tuesday this will be a firs for me and I am really looking forward to the day.

I wish you all a great weekend….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...