Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday 21st February…Mr.Fisherpearson..0 FISH 1..

Did the usual run and swim before breakfast then decided it was time for a good cup of tea with toast and jam and a good read of my books.  Hate to admit it but I was looking of routes to go on my way home, how terrible is that??

I felt it was time to have a fresh caught local fish for supper tonight, so out came the trusty rod and off to the rocks.

You may as well see the views I had from my place on the rocks because there will be no photos of fish today!

IMG_4149

IMG_4150

IMG_4151

I took some left over chicken from last night’s supper and fed the fish, hope they enjoyed their feast.

This is not a fisherman’s tale but I could see many fish down by the rocks where I was,  it seemed they came up to the surface every once in a while and I bet they said to each other, “There’s that silly Gringo again”.  Then every 20 minutes or so,  no more that 30 feet away a fish would jump out of the water, these fish were big,  at least a foot in length and I actually thought on more than one occasion they would look at me and smile.  Then I saw a fish like I have never seen before.  It came close to the rocks where I was and it was a regular looking fish about 9 inches long but the colour….it was the most beautiful vibrant yellow and I don’t mean stripes, the whole fish was this colour.  I have never seen anything quite like it tried to get a photo but wasn’t quick enough.IMG_4152

If any one knows what kind of fish it was please the answer in the comments section below.

It was an enjoyable time just to be outside and be warm and happy.

Perhaps I should have said a little prayer here before I went fishing.

IMG_4153

Got back about 5.30pm in time to listen to the Canucks beat Toronto and now writing this whilst listening to a CD Heather and Kirby sent me.  It is by a 7 year old girl from England called Connie Talbot, she was runner up in one of the talent shows, she has a lovely voice.  You could find her on Y tube and hear her for yourself.

Well another day done hope your Saturday was a great one, blessings….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...