Sunday, January 04, 2009

Sunday in paradise..

Another great sunny morning and Janet and Malc are just about over the jet lag.  After breakfast we went off on a tour, I like being tour director.

Janet was very happy in this photoIMG_2104

but not so when she stepped back into the cactus only the efforts of Sir Galahad(AKA Malc) came to the rescue.IMG_2106

We started by going to the Botanical garden and the walk around the dam, although this was my third visit I still enjoyed the walk and the views and always see something I hadn’t seen before.IMG_2107

IMG_2108

I don’t know what these two had for breakfast this morning??IMG_2110

Not sure what kind of bird this is looks like it has some hawk and eagle in it.IMG_2116

Again amazed at the varying species of cacti.IMG_2118

Canyon view.IMG_2119

Then up to the lookout point of the city.IMG_2123

I like this photo,  in between Janet and Malc in the far background is the main church.

IMG_2125 

Then it was time for lunch, see how dainty Janet is when she eats..

IMG_2127

Not like me!!IMG_2128

Then is was out of town to the special church at Atotonilco.IMG_2133  I still marvel at the beauty of the inside of this church.

IMG_2136

 

 

 

 

Some scenes of the market stalls in the village.IMG_2130

IMG_2137

IMG_2138

For those of my regular readers you will probably remember when I first came to this church a few weeks ago I described a procession of about 500 men, well today it was the same except this time it was all women.IMG_2141

Janet and Malc enjoyed seeing this remarkable church and village.

Then it was back home after a great afternoon but obviously it was too much for my Bro’IMG_2145

Janet and I sat outside for a while.IMG_2147

Then it was a lovely supper, thank you Janet and then the first of the International scrabble competition.  Modesty forbids me from telling you who won.IMG_2150

Any disparaging remarks about my glasses will incur a one week blog ban!!!!!

 

Good night!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...