Saturday, January 31, 2009

January is done, where did it go?

Had a great sleep and Frank and I went for a beach walk this morning, again it was just a spectacular warm day.IMG_3723

No people around so have to settle for feathered friends.IMG_3725

IMG_3724

After a couple of hours of house cleaning and arranging the three of us went for a drive to a beach about 20 minutes away.IMG_3727

This could be a post card shot!!!   Around those rocks is where I went snorkelling.IMG_3730 That is how big the fish were that I saw.IMG_3726

Should have a contest to put the best caption to the photo above of Frank!!

This local lady then walked down to where we were and she had a small bowl and then took these two 5 day old turtles out of the bowl and placed them in the sand by the surf.IMG_3734 Soon the surf came up to them and washed them out.  I will leave the story at that and imagine that they swam away and will have a happy life.IMG_3739

On the way to the next beach stop Barb bartered for this fresh watermelon.IMG_3740

This beach was only a few minutes drive away but totally different.  This was a surfer’s beach.IMG_3741

IMG_3743

IMG_3742

IMG_3744

IMG_3746

This beach was busy with local young kids catching the waves.

We then went into the local small town for some groceries, decided not to buy any meat today.IMG_3747

Did get bananas though.IMG_3748

Just another shot of the beautiful RV park.IMG_3754

Was a great day lovely and warm and very relaxing, have to get a good sleep because I am going to try my hand at fishing tomorrow, I bought a rod and all the gear and have promised most people in the park fresh fish for supper tomorrow, stay tuned!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...