Friday, January 16, 2009

First day without Janet and Malc.

The casa seemed pretty quiet and empty this morning but knowing that we all had a great time together made me feel better.

Then I got to thinking no more getting up and making Malcolm’s breakfast, 3 pieces of toast standing in a small triangle so they don’t get soggy.  Making Janet my almost world famous scrambled eggs.  Making their beds, cleaning their toilet and shower.  Then getting the laundry done and making sure that Janet has her 11am cup of coffee.  Planning the day and making a packed lunch, getting the car washed and cleaned for them then driving them through horrendous amounts of snarling traffic to a local  sight, explaining the history, then driving back.  Getting supper ready and of course doing the dishes then having to worry my tired mind with scrabble….and I really don’t feel so sad!!!

Did my first 19 lap run, high five Janet, if you are still talking to me after the above paragraph.  Washed Ramona and the car and then went to the local market for flowers.IMG_2836

Then off to Santa Julia to see Paola and Daniela and to speak to the Madres about taking the girls to the park tomorrow afternoon.  Both girls were just getting ready for supper but we had a little visit and I look forward to seeing them tomorrow.

Now home and having a quiet evening of TV.  The last three days have been overcast and windy and cool and we even had a small rain shower this morning.

Now that my family are back in England I can start thinking about leaving SMA and have picked the 26th January to continue my journey of course that means leaving some special people here…..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...