Friday, January 02, 2009

All is well in the world..

because I now have malt loaf again, 8 packages…IMG_2079

oh yes with the malt loaf came Janet and Malc!!!!!

JUST KIDDING….happy to report that my brother Malc and lovely sister in law, Janet arrived safe and sound in Mexico City this afternoon.

So I was up early this morning and went to town to buy fresh flowers for the casa.IMG_2066

When I cam home, Catalina, who helps in the house one day a week was there and in no time flat she had the beautiful flowers displayed.  It was 80 pesos for the flowers.

I then went and ran my 15 laps and I think pretty soon it will be 16.

My friend, Jaime then came to the house in his big suburban van and took me to the airport in Mexico City.  It was only three hours drive and mainly on two lane toll highways.

I was expecting the airport of this huge bustling city to be chaotic, but the roads leading there were quiet and the airport itself didn’t seem too busy, all very well laid out with easy parking and directions.

Janet and Malc’s flight was on time and we only waited about 20 minutes before they stepped out of the Immigration hall.IMG_2076

IMG_2077 IMG_2078

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was great to see my family again and they were a little tired but the journey back to SMA was a good one and now they are all settled and tucked away in bed.

Malc has joined me in Mexico the last two winters but this is the first time for Janet so I intend to make it a very special trip for them.

So ends another great day and I now look forward to showing my family this lovely part of this great country.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...