Saturday, December 06, 2008

Saturday sleep in day…

After a very busy week Saturday comes around and I get a chance to sleep in, now I don’t even hear the bells or the roosters, well I still hear them but don’t get bothered by them.  So it was 8.15am when I lifted my tender head off the pillow…keep your comments to yourselves please.

Whilst having a great breakfast of French (Mexican) toast I received an e mail from the computer genius in my family, my neph,IMG_9968 Andy, telling me to go to a certain website where I could watch the live coverage of the soccer game involving the MIGHTY TIGERS, in the Premiership.  So I did and I was able to watch the match live and they won 2-1 how sweet is that?lol 002 

I then walked into town and again took the Saturday morning tour, this time the tour was to a Papel Mache factory.lol 003

First the moulds are all made by hand and dried on the roof in the sun.lol 004

Then these ladies prepare themlol 009 and then paint themlol 008

 

 

 

 

 

 

The finished products are sortedlol 011 lol 012

 

 

 

 

 

the majority of the finished products are shipped to the States.lol 019

There is a small show room upstairslol 014 lol 018

 

 

 

 

 

lol 016

It was a great informative tour and again brings you down to earth to realize that all of these items are hand made and all with non toxic materials.

From here we were driven into the country for a tour of one of the nicest homes in SMA.  How would you like to live here?lol 022 lol 024 lol 026

lol 028 This is the ceiling in the dining room.

lol 029lol 033

lol 031 Some amazing art work.

lol 037

Imagine having morning tea with this view!!!

It was another good tour this is the last one until the New Year.

I then came home and did my run.  I guess I am still not completely acclimatized cannot seem to get past running the 4 laps, tried for 5 but had to walk maybe by next week, will keep you posted.

I then had a relaxing afternoon sunbathing, reading, having lunch, studying and snoozing.

Tonight Linda and Guy have invited me to go with them and two of their friends to an Italian restaurant, I hope they serve steak and kidney pie, where the live music is supposed to be incredible.  I will finish this post when I get back from dinner.

Part 2.

What renown Italian restaurant does not have steak and kidney pie on the menu?  Just got back from a fabulous evening.mmmm 005

Linda is next to me then Guy and their two friends, Connie and Mary Ann.  The food was not that great, the service was mediocre but the MUSIC!!!!mmmm 009

The gentlemen on the guitar and violin were absolutely incredible, the best I have ever heard.  It was another one of those memorable nights.

When I walked back through the main plaza it seems there were mass Mariachi bands performing.mmmm 015 mmmm 016 mmmm 017

I know I sound like a broken record but this was just another in the long list of great days.

Tomorrow I have a little adventure planned.  Going to take a bus to a town about 25 minutes away where the church and surroundings are according to my book, “not to be missed”.  We will see..have a great Sunday..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...