Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Santa Claus is coming to town…

Tuesday is market day so I picked up Barb and Frank and off we went.

Need a pair of shoes?IMG_1751

Or a strawberry or two?IMG_1755

Or a pineapple?IMG_1752

Or a sandwich?IMG_1754

What an amazing place could buy almost anything.

Our next stop was Paola’s home, Casa Hogar Santa Julia, Santa Claus was coming to visit.

As soon as we got in the main doors this sweet little thing came running up and the first thing she did was grab Barb’s hand.IMG_1758

The kids were so happy to see us and Paola soon found me.IMG_1770

Those eyes are so full of life!!!

The other girls who now know me are so friendly.IMG_1771

Then the big guy came.IMG_1762

IMG_1763

IMG_1765 IMG_1766

IMG_1767

Soon it was Paola’s turn for Santa’s knee.IMG_1786

Alexandajaro is a special little boy he was found on the streets about 7 months ago and he was at first taken to the boy’s home but for what ever reason the Nuns thought he would be better served at the girl’s home so he is the only boy amongst 40 girls.IMG_1769

It would such an under statement to say he his loved.  All the girls adore him and take care of him.

I just sat back and took it all in.IMG_1777 For the 90 minutes we were there not one cry, shout, push or scream was heard these girls share the joy of one another, boy can they teach us about family values.  The smiles on their faces, the love in their hearts.IMG_1781

It was truly a wonderful time and it showed me again what the true meaning of Christmas really is.  Those Madres have worked miracles in that home.

I have a confession to make, it is really hard to say this but in the afternoon we went Christmas shopping for our Christmas Day turkey which Barb and Frank are going to cook but then I GOT BEAT AT SCRABBLE!!!!   Barb whupped me but good, will have to have a re-match.

So ends yet another in the long line of great and wonderful days.

With another one tomorrow as I am taking Paola and a friend to a Christmas play, Peter and the Wolf….blessings to all.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...