Saturday, December 13, 2008

I think it is time I confessed

it is cool here in the mornings, let me go one step further and tell you some of Linda’s outside plants froze last night.  The mornings and the evenings are quite cool but during the day hot and sunny, so there you are I am not basking in 24 hour heat.

Another adventure day packed up my lunch and away I went.  I walked back to the highway and this huge sports complex is on the other side of the road.,,,, 009 

It has an indoor gym and boxing ring, about 4 soccer fields,,,,, 002

a game which is a cross between racket ball and squashbvc 006 playground and basketball courtsbvc 001 and running track.bvc 008

I then took a local bus to the other side of town and after a fair walk arrived at,,,, 012

This is a beautiful area with a lake, canyons, botanical gardens and lovely walking trails.  It was a clear sunny day and I saw no one on the trails, very peaceful and serene, sit back and enjoy!,,,, 014

This is where I stopped and had a bite to eat.

,,,, 019

This is the view I had.,,,, 020

,,,, 023

bvc 025

,,,, 024

,,,, 029

Some beautiful walking trails.,,,, 030 bvc 013 bvc 015 Some lovely plants.bvc 017 bvc 018 bvc 033

,,,, 049

 

 

 

 

 

 

,,,, 063

,,,, 064 Ruins of an old Hacienda.bvc 035 bvc 039

I had walked quite a ways so I figured time for another sandwich, with a view.,,,, 076

,,,, 075

Just a great look out of the town.,,,, 071

,,,, 078

I came back into town a different way and saw these beautiful houses.bvc 085

bvc 088

Where ever you go the main church overpowers everything else.

Arrived back home about 5pm and then supper, shower and the usual hockey game on the big screen and now listening to another live broadcast of the Canucks.

If I don’t mention that the MIGHTY TIGERS gained another point in the English premier league soccer my family will be mad at me.

You see I can write a story without mentioning the snow in Nanaimo!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...