Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Christmas Eve..

Lets get the nasty stuff out of the way first….as my regular readers know I often praise the Mexican people that I meet but today for the first time in years I got ripped off.  Won’t go into the whole story but the taxi driver that I hired to take me to Casa Hogar to pick up Paola and then to the theatre really got me.  He charged me about 8 times the going rate and I had options but being as it was Christmas Eve and I was with Paola I just smiled at him told him I knew he was ripping me off and wished him a Merry Christmas.

Now the good stuff……

Another great morning in SMA managed to run my 14 laps before breakfast then went on a little mystery tour.  I had seen a church in the distance on the outskirts of town and went to see if I could get some photos but this IMG_1792 gravel road that I took brought me to this full stop.  Couldn’t find a way to cross the tracks but I did see some interesting sights.IMG_1789 The old road into SMA.IMG_1798

IMG_1799

IMG_1794

Found this little area where they were firing bricksIMG_1795 then drying them.

IMG_1800The burro has a nice view.

So does this cat.IMG_1804

Walked into town to buy flowers for myself for ChristmasIMG_1807 60 pesos if you can believe it!!

Was tempted, but resisted to buy a pair!IMG_1805

Then it was home, showered changed and off toIMG_1820

to pick up Paola to take her to the concert of Peter and the Wolf.IMG_1808

There she was waiting for me and looking very lovely.IMG_1810

My “date” for the show and yes those are LONG pants I am wearing!!

After the nasty taxi ride we arrived at the beautiful theatre.IMG_1813

Paola and I had front row seats.IMG_1812

IMG_1815

and I think she enjoyed hearing the story it was in Spanish and the pianist was brilliant.

That was hard work and she needed some refreshments.IMG_1816

We went back to Casa Hogar and after hugs and kisses and wishes of a lovely Christmas I came back home.

I am having a quiet evening at home and I so much enjoyed my whole day especially the time with Paola.

I would like to take this opportunity to reach out to all my friends and wish them a very happy, safe, warm, loving and healthy Holiday Season, blessings…..Les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...