Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Did the 45 minute walk to school

this morning and yet again the lesson was really good.  I then took the local bus to the big Tuesday outdoor market.IMG_1567

I don’t think there would be anything you could not find here.IMG_1572 IMG_1577

IMG_1570 IMG_1578

I did buy some fresh strawberries and a few hair supplies for Paola.

Took the bus back to the house and spent a couple of hours doing chores then walked back into town for my afternoon class.

I spoke to Lilly, the teacher, and asked if it was OK to bring in my computer and show the kids photos of my family, the snow in Nanaimo and some animals I have seen on my travels, she thought it would good for the kids.IMG_1579

I love the photo Paola is in the centre on the back!IMG_1581 She has a good sense of humour and wanted to try on my glasses!IMG_1582

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

These children are really wonderful and I always come away from the class with warmth in my heart.

I then walked down town to the main square where they had erected a huge Christmas Tree and decorated it with Poinsettias.  The whole square looks lovely.

Decided I had done enough walking for one day so took a taxi home.

Yet another great day finished, take care blessings….

PS  I was sent this photo from homesnow

today.  I used to referee soccer games here.  The mountains in the back ground are truly spectacular!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...