Sunday, December 21, 2008

December 21st…

where did the days go? 

Sunday morning and time for me to get back to my running.  Since I came to the house have not been able to run till today.  So I went to the small park at the end of the street where there is a cinder track it is smaller than the park that I have been running around so I decided I would run until I got tired count the laps and then I can work on increasing the laps as the weeks go by.  Today I managed 13 laps.

Had a leisurely morning and some great poached eggs.  Forgot to mention yesterday that I picked a hire car from a friend.  I wanted to rent a car for when Janet and Malc come out then thought I would get it for an extra week so I can take my friends out.IMG_1707

So went and picked up Barb and Frank and we went to the Canyon and botanical garden that I hiked around last week.IMG_1715

Some of the plants that survive in this barren area.IMG_1717

IMG_1720 IMG_1719

IMG_1718 IMG_1721

IMG_1729

Not sure what was happening here but as we walked by the dam these two kids came running up to us and wanted to take our photos, so I took a photo of them taking a photo of us!IMG_1727

It was a lovely afternoon very peaceful and scenic out there.

I then went home and showered and shaved and put on my Sunday best as I had a ticket to a play down town.  The show was a one woman show about India, the reviews were very good and voted No.1 at the New York Fringe Festival.

I found the small theatre and I have never been to such a small, 65 seats, and funky theatre.IMG_1736

IMG_1738

There were 12 seats in the balcony and I sat in one of those, then the surprise came.  The lady who was performing came out and told the audience that the show was a multi media event and she needed to have her computer running for the show and the program in her computer had crashed and she was so sorry but was unable to perform and hoped everyone understood and she would schedule again for next Sunday.  Everyone seemed to understand and now I look forward to the show next Sunday.

Hope the weekend was a good one for everyone..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...