Tuesday, December 02, 2008

and another great day

Woke up at 6am and there was a snowy blizzard outside, the wind was howling and the only reason the awning wasn’t blowing away was all the snow on it.  No church bells and even the roosters were quiet.  It was freezing inside Ramona I had to get up and put my woolly socks and thermal underwear on……….NOT

Spent a leisurely morning around home Ramona had a spa day yesterday and she looks like new.

Walked into town and these are some of the sights on the way.jhg 009 jhg 011 jhg 020 jhg 024

 

 

 

 

 

 

jhg 022

jhg 005

Well I have found the school where I am to have my Spanish Lessons,  their sign is above.jhg 006 jhg 004 the entrance and court yard.

 

 

 

 

 

I have signed up for private lessons starting tomorrow.  I go for one hour five days a week and I go at 9am.  If someone else comes to sing up  they will join me and the price will be adjusted.  I am looking forward to this and it is called survival Spanish so I hope to get some understanding of the language.

While I was there I asked if there were any volunteer positions open and to my amazement I was told yes right away.  So I am now volunteering three days a week for 90 minutes with 8 kids learning English.

These are the children and their teacher Patty.jhg 008

I was totally shocked I was introduced and Patty said they are all yours.  So there I was totally unprepared and what a wonderful experience.  The children all have a basic understanding of English and we asked each other questions and I told them stories.  The kids were attentive, fun and very polite.  I go back tomorrow and promised them I would bring my computer and show photos of my family and where I live.

So now my stay is complete I have friends, a place to live, taking lessons and volunteering, what more can a man ask for?

This is the church close to my home.jhg 002

On the walk home I decided to take some photos of the interesting door knockers.  You could spend all day taking photos because there are so many,  so here are a few.jhg 001 jhg 014 jhg 015

jhg 017 jhg 016

My home set up..jhg 025

The ultimate photographjhg 028

Ramona, bbq hamburger coming up, laundry done, perfect setting with trees and the church in the background.

After supper I could hear the pounding of drums so went to investigate and found these kids in the school yard playing drums.mmn 003

Ranks as another great day here in SMA…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...