Friday, November 28, 2008

Where did the day go

Ok now this is getting serious I have to do something about the bells of the church and the roosters,  for the second day in a row they woke me up at 8am!!!!!!

If you don’t want to read about the brilliant sunny morning, clear blue skies and good to be alive feeling….well sorry you just did.  I am funny today, yes? No?

After breakfast walked into town passing the beautiful and incredible main attraction of the Jardine, the Parroquia de San Miguel Arcangel, which towers over everything.  More about this church in a future post.  mmm 002 mmm 003

I found the small school where over the phone I had booked a Spanish lesson, the first lesson was free but unfortunately it was not too great, the young man did not instil confidence with his way and I won’t be going back there.  I have some more options which I am going to look into.  Meanwhile I spend one hour on an on line program.

Walking back home took me through the main Mercado where you can buy mmm 007

mmm 009

mmm 010 mmm 011 everything.  If you didn’t like the flowers inside you could always go out to the truckmmm 012

Just some sights on the walk home.mmm 013

mmm 014 mmm 005

Found a little hole in the wall bakerymmm 025 Now before you give me grief I think after a busy day I deserve a small treat and the buns are for tomorrow.  Interesting these items came to 12 pesos (11 pesos to a Canadian dollar) and I gave the lady 2 ten pesos coins but she had no change so she gave me back one of the ten pesos coins and I think told me it would be OK tomorrow, only in Mexico.

After all the walking I thought I deserved some down time and as it was really hot, so I read and sunbathed and YES I ate one of the white cookies,mmmmm.

Then decided I needed to have some more exercise so I biked to Guy and Linda’s casa for a visit, that is a good ride especially on the cobble stones!!

Back home I figured it was time for a hair cut and had been told where there was  a barber.mmm 021 For 35 pesos, you can figure out how much that is ,  a hair cut!!mmm 027 mmm 028

Now it is 9pm and where did the day go.  I could say this every time but this is such a great town I do love everything about it.  I feel settled and happy and content.

Tomorrow going on a little tour to a pottery factory should be interesting tour.

Wish you all a happy weekend..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...