Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wednesday 19th November saw me leave

Carpinteria around 8.30am it was a strange morning as the mist was coming in off the ocean.  It is really nice to have good friends in different parts of the world especially when they welcome you into their world, thanks Stella!  The week was a good one catching up  and trying to help a little, good luck with your examinations!!!!

I knew I was in for a long day of driving and it was mainly on the interstate so nothing left to do but do it.

Quite an uninteresting drive just lots of trucks passing me.mmn 007

There was 1000’s of these windmills by the Palms Springs area.mmn 009

After 480 miles I am now in the parking lot of the Visitors Service office in Gila Bend, Arizona and it is about 8pm.

The day wasn’t so bad especially with a kitchen right behind me!!!!!

I am about 75 miles from the Mexican border and the plan is to pass through mid morning get all my paperwork and permits done then drive down to Puerto Penasco about one hour from the border.

This is a little town I know very well as my friends, Linda and Guy, had their restaurant here, so I came to visit them on my way down each year for the past 5 years.  Of course they have sold the restaurant and moved to San Miguel de Allende(where I am going next) but I still want to spend a couple of nights in Puerto Penasco or Rocky Point and I have some friends there to see.

It is almost two weeks since I started this journey and it seems that I have been on the road for much longer although the weeks have gone by very fast.  Thankful and happy to report apart from “the chair” no problems and I am looking forward to spending the next 4 months in Mexico.

Best wishes to all…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...