Monday, November 10, 2008

Small town America…

I know I sound like a broken record but awoke to rain again this morning….after a lovely and leisurely breakfasthh 002 took photo of where Ramona rested last night.hh 005

Headed further south into California going through some amazing forests and slow, narrow and curvy roads.hh 007 hh 008

 

 

 

 

hh 012

Eventually coming out on the coastal route again.

Lunch time came soon enough, again such a view…hh 019

Now messing around with the zoom on my camera can you see the bird on this rock?hh 013 Still can’t see it??hh 014

hh 015 Pretty neat zoom, one more but no bird.hh 016

The afternoon was a pretty tough drive through small narrow and twisty turns but spectacular vistas.hh 017 hh 045

 

 

 

hh 048For a moment I thought I was in Mexico again.  Cows on the side of the road and mostly on the road are the norm down there.hh 046 and before you ask Heather, Barb and Annie of course I was not driving whilst I took these photos…….(I feel my nose growing)

hh 047 hh 040 You may have to double click to enlarge this one.

The beauty of my kind of travelling is that I am not on a regimented schedule, I have to be in Santa Barbara by Thursday is my only challenge,  so I stop where ever and when ever I want and I travel the small highways which brings you to small town America and the town of Elk, California.hh 023 hh 024 hh 027 hh 030 hh 031 Love this one with the smoking chimney!!

 

 

 

 

Of course they also have their view of the ocean.hh 037

Ramona and I are now resting at the County fair grounds in Santa Rosa.  Again I actually stayed here last year it is a huge park very clean and quiet with full facilities and again a Passport America site so shelled out again the excessive price of 12 dollars and 50 cents. 

My journey so far….

Map picture

Long post hope you are still awake….blessings to all

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...