Saturday, November 29, 2008

Just a typical Saturday…

Those of you who know me well know that I have a special affinity for animals and could never hurt one BUT I think I am going to make rooster stew tonight.

As I live a busy life my only day to sleep in is Saturday and wouldn’t you know those darn roosters woke me up at the unheard of time of 7.55am….I ask you is this fair?

I will give them one more chance..anyway as I was awake decided to get up and do my run/walk around the park close to where I am staying.  As usual the sun was shining and I counted over 50 people running and walking and getting a good start to their day.

After breakfast walked to the main plazal,m 009 l,m 017

l,m 016

interesting the sights sounds and smells.l,m 024 I love the expression on this young ladies face!

On Saturday mornings  one the Children’s Orphanages organizes a tour each Saturday and the money raised goes to the kids.  I took this mornings tour to San Gabriel to tour the home and factory.

After a short ride we arrived at the home of the ownerl,m 033 l,m 027 l,m 031

l,m 032 l,m 035

 

 

 

 

 

We then had a tour of the small factory where all the ceramics are made and hand painted, what a fascinating experience to see all done by the hand, except the kilns.l,m 054 l,m 055 l,m 052 l,m 049 l,m 045

l,m 051

Then the finished product.l,m 065

l,m 067

 

 

 

 

 

l,m 069

l,m 064 It was a good tour and I did buy a lovely soap dispenser.

On the way back I saw this lovely little girl and she now has some candy and money.l,m 075

Went to the huge Mega store to have a look aroundl,m 079

l,m 080

l,m 081

 

 

 

 

 

 

Which cereal do you want Mally when you come visit?l,m 082 Walked back into town to catch the night scenes but as always my night shots are not good.l,m 085 l,m 092 Love the colours in this one.l,m 095

So ends another wonderful day, time now for tea and to listen to a live broadcast of the Canucks hockey game.

If I don’t mention that the MIGHTY TIGERS(MY FAMILY’S HOME SOCCER CLUB) earned a valuable point away from home today.

Wish you all a great weekend, PURA VIDA

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...