Monday, November 17, 2008

Just so you don’t think life

is all that easy for me there are certain things than need to be accomplished!!!!uuh 012

Afterwards a walk on the beach was in order.uuh 001 my walking buddies..uuh 009

The beaches here are quite lovely and the day was hot and bright.uuh 004

 

 

 

 

uuh 003 uuh 006

 

 

 

 

 

Tonight we went for dinner to this great restaurant where you order your food, for me it was rack of lamb and they bring it to your table on a plate uncooked and in the middle of the restaurant is this huge BBQ grill and you cook your own meat!!!  The salad, baked potatoes, beans and rolls are close at hand.uuh 013 Tomorrow is my last day before I start my journey on Wednesday into Mexico.

It has been a reflective few days being in a lovely part of the world surrounded by gorgeous oceans and mountains and Carpinteria has a charming small town feel to it but then the news has been constant of how many people’s lives changed in a heart beat.  It is hard in these unpleasant and sad times to be in “vacation mode”.

I hope that in the months ahead the locals who have lost so much will be comforted by the outpouring of kindness and support from people all around them and I wish them peace and strength.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...