Thursday, November 13, 2008

I can finally say I woke up to sunny skies and a warm morning..

These next two posts are for Wednesday 12th November.

 

Another great sleep till about 8am and after breakfast set out on my planned “Tommy tourist route”.

My first stop was the beautiful mission in downtown San Luis Obispo.l,, 003

l,, 009

l,, 010 l,, 006

 

 

 

 

This beautiful mural below is where a little 5 year old girl is buried the sad story is that when she died her casket was buried in the church yard but the ground was marshy and the casket kept coming up to the surface so it was decided that she would be buried in the church walls.

l,, 005l,, 008 According to the writings in the Mission’s archives the monks were the first people to cultivate the grapes in this area.

l,, 012I love this photo!!

Now it is time to move on and stop for lunch, can you think of a better place??

l,, 015 l,, 023 l,, 017 l,, 016

After lunch onto Grover Beach and the monarch butterfly colony.l,, 030

l,, 031 The butterflies bought back memories of the January trip I took in Mexico to a huge colony there.  These butterflies are from a different migration pattern and have come down from the Western States and Canada.l,, 032 l,, 033 The school groups were having a lot of fun.l,, 036

The branches of these trees were covered with butterflies.l,, 037 l,, 045

It is dark but I like this one!

 

l,, 026 l,, 028 More incredible ocean views before I stop for a strawberry break.l,, 047 l,, 048 l,, 050 l,, 051

 

 

 

 

Late afternoon saw me arriving in Lomoc where I plan to spend the night.  I found this nice park to clean my strawberries.l,, 052 In the distance these boys were playing football.l,, 053 Whilst I was cleaning the strawberries a woman came up to me and I could see she was in a little panic mode and she said she was looking for her son, he wasn’t home when she got back from work.  Her son was playing football and saw his Mum and came running over to her, gave her a big hug and said “Mum am I in trouble?”  Mum told him no she just wondered where he was , he hugged her again told her he loved her and ran back to his buddies.

The woman and I talked for a few minutes and she told me how hard it was to raise her son as a single Mum.  I gave her a few strawberries and told her that I thought she had a lot to be proud of and that many kids would not run off the field hug their Mum and tell her he loves her in front of his buddies and I that I thought she had raised a great kid.

This interaction really touched me and I very carefully went over to the kids and asked the boy to come over and told him I didn’t want to embarrass him but I thought the way he treated his Mum was wonderful.  I gave him a Canadian key chain and I walked away.  Kids gotta love those Mothers!!!!!!!

My next stop was herel,, 054 where I swam laps for 30 minutes and relaxed in the hot tub before moving onto the parking lot at Wal-mart.

Another lovely day and happy that it was all in sunshine, blessings…..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...