Monday, November 10, 2008

CALIFORNIA DREAMING!!!!!!

Well I was wrong yet again woke up at 8am to another huge down pour!  At least it is not cold, decided to press on and have a driving day.

Some of the conditions this morninghh 004

hh 023

 

 

 

 

 

Lunch time came soon enough and not a bad place to stop for a bite!hh 012

hh 009

The photo above was taken from the step of Ramona.

The afternoon saw me passing the inspection boothshh 017  and intocalifornia

By the now the rain had turned to grey skieshh 014

hh 024

hh 025

By late afternoon I was heading inland and into Redwood country.  As I headed around a bend to my amazement in a front yard of a house by the highway I came across this sight…hh 030

hh 034

I wasn’t the only one to stop and a lady and I did a camera swap!hh 032

I am now settled into another lovely small Rv Park outside the town of Garberville.  I actually stopped here last year and would you believe the lady at the check in desk remembered me.  She said you are the man from the town in Canada I cannot pronounce, she then proceeded to butcher the name “Nanaimo”.  I either was a perfect guest and she remembered me for my good looks(my blog don’t forget I can say what I want) or she is just  an amazing woman with a great memory.

I am in a club called Passport America which offers hundreds of half price camp sites.  The membership cost is 44 dollars and that pays for itself in three stops.  This park, very quiet, full hook ups, Wi-Fi,  clean bathrooms and showers cost me 12 dollars.  Cannot beat that!!

I have to decide tonight what my route is going to be to Santa Barbara as I don’t want to re-trace my steps last year and go through San Francisco as lovely as it was.

Hope the weekend was a good one and thank you for taking the time to read this….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...