Thursday, October 09, 2008

Please join me for a trip down memory lane..

Today I decided to re-visit my old haunts and the places I lived.  Started off the day with a great visit with my cousin Shelia and her husband Peter.  Shelia is a cousin on my Mum’s side of the family and we had a lovely visit.cccx 009

After the visit I went to the place where it all started, where I was born….just a few years ago!!cccx 022

The following are the houses that we lived in…  cccx 024     cccx 025The first house with the alleyway I spent hours riding my bike.

 

 

 

 

 

Where the street sign is here below is where our next house used to be.  This was when I was about 10 years old and we had a take out fish and chip shop in the front of the house.  For once I was the most popular boy in school!!

 

cccx 027The next house was a little bigger..cccx 011

Followed by a move to a ritzy neighbourhood..cccx 017

and finally the last house my Mum and Dad owned…cccx 020

I then went downtown and saw the beautiful church..cccx 033

 

 

 

 

cccx 037

Then I went and saw the house where my Grandma and Granddad on my Mum’s side lived and where we went every Tuesday afternoon for tea!!cccx 042 Les, Aug 13, 2008 003

Then to my other grandparents home..cccx 080

 

 

 

 

Les, Aug 13, 2008 004

and then went to the cemetery where my parents are resting…cccx 015

and finally went out a little ways into the country where my uncle lives and this is where my Mum and Dad used to go a courting!!!cccx 047

cccx 055

It was just a lovely day with so many happy memories, hope you enjoyed the stroll down memory lane with me…

1 comment:

living.boondockingmexico said...

great photos. the architecture is great with the use of brick.

enjoy every moment!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...