Saturday, October 18, 2008

First day back home…

We all had a great sleep and awoke to a lovely sunny but cool and windy morning.

I have to tell you how great my sister in law is…Janet takes such good care of me and I really appreciate all the work she does, today is was washing, shopping, cooking, cleaning and she does all this with a smile on her face and a song in her heart,  she has angel wings!!!!!!

Malc and I went out to the next town of Beverley this morning for market day.nnnnb 010 I love markets and although not the same as the hustle and bustle of the Mexican markets or the sizzle of Corfu markets, this one had flavour and lots of people.nnnnb 013nnnnb 015

This photo above brought back memories of when my Mum used to take me to the market, many stalls had men bantering with prices and offering great deals to the first ten customers.  This was a mobile meat truck and the butcher was equipped with a head set and whilst cutting meat entertaining the customers with two for one deals!!nnnnb 019 Any one for a sandwich???nnnnb 020 with pheasant????

nnnnb 023

 

 

I love my strawberries.

nnnnb 014 I enjoyed this stall having been surrounded by olives just 24 hours earlier!!!!!nnnnb 027 After the market, let the games begin…nnnnb 031 you be the judge who has the better swing???

nnnnb 032 I don’t think my brother would be welcomed on the course at St.Andrews!!!!

nnnnb 034

 

The winning shot!!!!

 

 

 

 

nnnnb 035 Tiger Mally was a true winner!!!!!

The Pearson boys cannot go a Saturday with out soccer so first it was watching a game from my bedroom window.nnnnb 036 Then seeing how the pros do it..nnnnb 037

We finished the evening with a take out Chinese meal.kkm

Hope you all have a great weekend…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...