Friday, October 10, 2008

Corfu - Day 1 - Friday 10th Oct.

We left home at the ungodly hour of 4.15am this morning and drove to the airport about 40 miles away, where I discovered I had packed the battery for my camera in my checked suitcase, so no photos till we get to Corfu.

After a three hour flight we arrived on the island of Corfunnnb 003 and took the busnnnb 002 to our apartment, a ride of about 90 minutes.

First impression is that the island is more mountainous than I realized.nnnb 019 The lower apartment is ours there was a little mix up here.  Malc thought he had booked a 2 bedroom apartment, turns out we had two 2 bedroom apartments, so joy of joys instead of Sam and Janet in one bedroom and me and the roaring, snoring brother in the other bedroom we now have two apartments, side by side so Malc and Janet and Sam have one apartment and I have a two bedroom apartment all to myself.  nnnb 011

At this juncture the offer is open an unused bedroom apartment in Corfu anybody interested??

nnnb 010.

 

 

 

 

These are two views from my balcony.nnnb 012

nnnb 036

After unpacking we took a stroll into the very small town.  The tourist season is winding down and it was very quiet.  We went through a few stores.. nnnb 062 You can see who is the more studious and serious of the Pearson Boys???

nnnb 026

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

then down to the beach and my first taste of the Ionian Sea.nnnb 032 nnnb 034

Back up to the apartments and we stopped off at the pool for our complex, pretty nice I think!nnnb 059 nnnb 060

 

 

 

 

 

We intended to spend some of our evenings after dark playing Scrabble ( I know really exciting) and I bought Janet and Malc a brand new travel scrabble but in their wisdom they decided to pack their old one because they said, it was bigger.  So there we are getting ready,  out comes the board and holders, pen and paper and what did they forget to pack??   YES can you believe the TILES, we had no letters.  Not to worry because Sam is the brightest of the bunch she told us we could cut letters out of her word game book.nnnb 037 We almost look intelligent here.  So the game began and guess who the big winner was?nnnb 075

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A few more photos of the afternoon stroll.nnnb 024 nnnb 052

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

nnnb 057

nnnb 058

 

 

 

 

 

 

So a wonderful first day, the temperature is around 79 degrees and bright and sunny and I am happy to be in a new country and look forward to seeing all it has to offer..blessings

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Hola amigo: I envy you all, Corfu looks like my sort of place. Think you're smart going at the end of tourist season tambien. Inasmuch as you missed tea with Elizabeth perhaps you can share a cup of oozo with the King while there? Hasta luego, Lesley

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...