Monday, October 27, 2008

Back in Nanaimo, my Dad….

Yesterday was my first full day back in Nanaimo and a busy one it was.  I am very lucky to have great friends and Heather and Kirby have opened up their incredible family and home to me and I am staying with them till I leave next week.

I slept great until 4am and then I think I was still on British time and I was wide awake…decided best to get up so caught up on a few things.  I then refereed two soccer games which I enjoyed,  the weather was great sunny and warm and a perfect day for soccer.  From there it was to the ice hockey arena to watch Heather and Kirby’s son, Ben,  play hockey and this kid has energy unheard of as he also played soccer about two hours before.  He scored a great goal and I am sure Heather will be paying the mandatory 2 dollars per goal fee!!!

From there it was to the soccer club house where I conducted the last Junior referees education class before I leave.  I love getting together with these kids  about 18 of them and talking about soccer, the aspects of reffing answering their crazy questions and trying to instruct them in the finer qualities of the game.  I have done this for years and to see their enthusiasm and energy is such a great reward and then of course when I see them in action or hear comments about how good they are I smile to myself.  My dream for this town is to have one of our kids progress through the ranks and become a National and FIFA referee.

So you can see it was a busy but rewarding day.

 

Scan0028

Today is my Dad’s birthday and I want to honour him here he would have 89 years old today.  He was a great Dad and family was so important to him.  Here he is pictured with his Great Grand child, Tom, I love this photo.

Thinking of you Dad!!!! 

Best wishes to everyone and hope you all have a great week.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...