Sunday, July 20, 2008

Trip down memory lane..

I have spent some time this week going through some old photographs and because of the knowledge and the hard work of my friend Chris, I now have 42 old photos stored on my computer,  thanks Chris!!

Over the next few weeks I will share them with you, here are the first of them.

Scan0001The long arm of the law and my MUM!!

This photo is taken in Bermuda where I was on the motor cycle section until I was deemed to be of danger to myself and anyone else on the road.  I just have to tell you the story of my very first vehicle that I pulled over after my two weeks motor cycle course.  After the course out I went on patrol and the roads in Bermuda are very small with no shoulders just sometimes a drop off into a gully.  Well I have my first speeder and on came the flashing lights and siren and I pulled in behind this speeding youth on a moped.  Feeling like I owned the world I pulled my bike up behind him, got off and started to walk towards the reeling speedster when I turned back around just in time to see my 750cc Honda Police motor cycle roll over on it’s side and into the gully(this happens when you forget to put down the stand).  The horror of my bike in the ditch was only bettered by the smirk on the speedster’s face.  Always quick with a come back I told him this was his lucky day I would tear up the ticket if he helped me get my bike back on the road.  Things went from bad to worse and it was only a few days later that it was “decided” that the motor cycle section was not meant for me!!

Scan0002

1 comment:

Croft said...

Les, you should be able to improve these old photos quite a bit. Give it a try with the colour and tuning controls in Picasa or feel free to email me some scans and I will run them through PhotoShop for you.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...