Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Wednesday 10.30pm and I am a tired boy!!!!!

Had a good drive this morning and stopped around noon at a state park called Picacho Peak, to go for a hike. The weather was beautiful and I packed up some food and drinks and took off to the summit of the peak, which you see in the photos.

This is one of the hardest hikes I have done in years!!!!! A combination of a steep climb and the elevation took its toll on me. Parts of the trail you had to use cables to hold onto to climb, it was a very interesting and adventurous time.

I will admit there were a few times when I thought I would not make it to the top. I had to stop a few times to catch my breath. The last time I stopped I gave myself the talking to…
There is nobody else on this trail..
You don’t have a cell phone..
Nobody knows you are here..
You are not 30 years old anymore..
You have the stubborn Pearson streak..
The altitude is getting to you..

So I promised myself that because I was so close to the top I would continue but if I had to stop again I would turn around and just lie about it on the blog!!!!

Anyway I did make it to the top and had a good rest and of course coming down was so much easier. It was a very challenging hike but one that I am glad I did and before I get all the calls, a cell phone is on my list for things to bring next winter.

Ramona is settled in John Wayne RV Park although there seems to be not connection to him at all unless he is going to ride through the campsite at the crack of dawn.

Tomorrow is a big day for me I am heading into Phoenix and park somewhere close to the arena and going to watch the Phoenix Coyotes play hockey against Dallas. Wayne Gretzky is part owner and coach of the Coyotes and not only am I going to enjoy the game but it is my dream to get his autograph. I know I am too old for this but he has been my idol, on and off the ice, since I first saw him play in Edmonton in 1980.
Even have his number “99” tattooed on me. 1 dollar for show and tell!!!!!

Probably will be Friday before you read all about here. Wish you all a great evening and day tomorrow, Pura Vida

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...