Friday, April 18, 2008

Thursday night about 11.30pm and I am parked at Beban Park, Nanaimo, a local park complex and can you believe I haven’t seen my poker buddies (Not buddies anymore) for 6 months and they take 10 dollars from me, glad now I didn’t bring them back a gift!!!!

The work on Ramona took longer than I thought, 6 hours altogether, and I hope at last they have fixed the one little problem that I have had since day one. Arrived at the border with no vehicles in front and the very kind young man manning the booth after a couple of questions regarding where I had been and for how long waved me through with the kind words of “Welcome home”.

At the ferry terminal no line up either and had to wait about 1 hour for the next ferry which was on time so it all went very smoothly and at long last I am home and it feels good, not to mention very cold and windy.

I have two appointments to look at suites tomorrow so I am hoping one of them works out, then I hope to buy a small car and I shall be all set.

I know I said this a little while ago but I have driven just under 14000 miles with out any mechanical problems and Ramona has been my very best friend and companion. I will now admit that when I dropped my brother off at the airport in Cancun on 16th March I looked at the map and saw the distance I had to return and what a daunting task that was to undertake but you know it wasn’t at all, I enjoyed every mile I drove and to have my own bed every night and everything else Ramona gives me, I just smile and say thanks!!

Already have dinner invitations, soccer games to officiate and friends to visit if only the weather would warm up…..

Glad to be back and again thanks to everyone for all the support, encouragement and best wishes.

Will blog every couple of days and show those readers who don’t live on this island what a beautiful place it is, blessings and a safe and happy weekend to all.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...