Sunday, April 13, 2008

Saturday 12th April.

Today was a long day of driving over 600kms and Ramona and I are nestled down in the far corner of the Wal-Mart parking lot in Winnemucca (what a strange name) Nevada.

I decided not to take the Interstate highway with the hundreds of trucks flying by and opted for the smaller one lane highways which were just as good because I could set the cruise control to 95kms and just drive along with almost no traffic at all.

One of the highways I took was highway 50, which is reputed to be the loneliest highway in America, and I think it is, saw no one for mile after mile. Encounted snow but only on the mountains and the weather was warm and a good day for a drive. I stopped frequently to stretch and eat and that is when I saw the deer but that was the best shot I could get.

Now Heather before you give me grief for taking pictures whilst driving I want to assure you that the two photos of the yellow lines were taken when Ramona was parked and I was lying down on the centre line taking those shots, of course no cars were anywhere to be seen and I learnt that trick from my Nephew, thanks Andy.

I am all showered and ready to watch a movie and hit the sack. It looks like I am ahead of schedule so going to try and get Ramona into the dealership on Wednesday and hopefully be home Thursday.

I know I sometimes go on a bit but I really am grateful for two pieces of modern day technology, especially on a day like today. One is the GPS unit, now fondly referred to as Sam. I haven’t made a single wrong turn whilst in the States, take note Malcolm and Chris!! The other is the satellite radio I have in Ramona. I love my sports and today I listened, whilst driving, to three live English soccer games’

More of the same for tomorrow and I should be spending the night in Oregon, only a few days left now. Wish you all a great weekend., PURA VIDA

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...