Saturday, April 05, 2008

The mighty Colorado River meanders and divides the land between California and Arizona and I am parked in an expensive but beautiful campsite on the California side of the river outside the town of Blythe. All the photos are taken from where Ramona is parked about 50 feet from the river.

Today was a relaxing day for me after the hectic and energetic week. I drove about 130kms from Phoenix and got here around noon. Did a few chores then it was the chair, the novel, the drink, the lunch, the naptime!! I was hoping the sun would set over the river but not happening, still so beautiful to sit and watch the river and think about all the history attached to it.

Tomorrow and all of the week I am going to travel slowly up the river first on the California side then cross over again into Arizona and work my way up to Las Vegas by next weekend. Should be a great week the forecast is warm and sunny all week.

Again like to thank you for those nice comments on the blog I do derive so much pleasure from posting the photos and I try and keep my writing light. Wish you all a great weekend, blessings..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...