Saturday, April 26, 2008

It is now about 8:00pm on Saturday evening and although Pili wanted to come to Salt Spring Island she had to stay home and it is just Ramona and me again.

I left Nanaimo last night after watching the hockey game on my lovely new TV and drove the 40 minutes to Crofton where we took the 20 minute ferry to Salt Spring Island. I drove straight to the High school where I am reffing games tomorrow and parked in the parking lot for the night.

Pretty amazing to me to be in Mexico then the USA and a few days later on the island, what a whirlwind. Had a great sleep. I reffed two games then had a break went to another field and reffed three more games.

I am now all cleaned up just enjoyed a beautiful dinner of roast beef and Yorkshire pudding that I brought with me from my ex place of employment, the Granary restaurant. The down town core of the island is all a Wifi hot spot, so I am outside the fire station posting this. Pretty soon I am going to go back to the place I stayed last night, watch a movie and another great day done.

I have enjoyed seeing the sights on this island it is a very pretty and laid back life style and the islanders are a friendly crowd. I have also enjoyed the games today as I have been reffing younger children, girls and boys teams under the age of 15. At this age there is fierce competition but the nastiness of later years has not set in and they play fair and in the spirit of the game and the coaches and parents are not hollering at me, so this makes a welcome and happy change.

Tomorrow I have exactly the same schedule and will drive back to Nanaimo after my last game.

I have been back over a week now and wow what a time I have had. All settled into a lovely furnished apartment. Bought a great second hand car, connected again with some of my friends and more to connect with this week and just really glad to be back, the weather seems to be improving and I am enjoying my lifestyle including the soccer.

Want to wish everyone a happy sunday, blessings

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...